Translate

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Planet of the…Monkeys

Greetings ZEDHEADS.  Its you're friendly neighborhood artist coming at you with a very special piece today. Hot on the heals of episode 4 of The Taskmasters I wanted to wind down a little and come back to something very dear to me. It’s long over due but their back, Ladies and Germs, The Kongcrete Monkeys.


As you can see the entire gang is here in full color. They have been slightly modified from their last piece. The background is a shot of  Downtown Miami (one of the sweetest spots to skate by the way) accompanied by the awesome Sun Dude shining it's blessing upon there heads. I wanted this page full of color so I went to the extreme on that area.

 When I first started creating these characters, I wasn’t  sure on what to do with them. I knew they had plenty of potential to go FAR! It started off as a short one panel comic strip. But it seemed that they were destined to be more than just a punch line. I’ve been developing them to make them shine not just through the art but with their personalty of each individual character.  So I decided to create a book based on them to flesh out their soon to be rich history.

Now it’s no secret that I love to get totally rad on a skateboard (pic of CEO of ZODCORE skating here) but it is a very serious sport so skate with responsibility and protect yourself at all time.

Well, this conclude this latest art piece. I really enjoyed creating this piece and hope you enjoyed as much as I. Thank you for taking the time to see my wonderful art.

REMEMBER ZEDHEADS
SKETCH IT. INK IT. DRAW IT.




4 comments:

Gyll le Mod said...

Dude…..finally.

MADMAX said...

Awesome piece dude like the mod said" finally".

Ultimate DinoBoy said...

That be so awesome-o it should be put on a shirt! =D

zodcore said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone :)