Translate

Friday, December 5, 2014

Tony The Tiger

Welcome ZEDHEADS, to another addition of the blog section here at ZODCORE.com
Today, I would like to not only just show a new piece, but also talk about whom the piece is dedicated to. So pull up your seat and dive into another smashing article here @ZODCORE!

This is Tony Rodriguez. 
Like me he's one heck of an artist. I decided to do a piece for him cause he's on totally cool guy.  I've seen Mr. Rodriguez skills elevate over the years, so as an artist I have tons of respect for his craft.  I've come to find out later as a human being, he's one righteous dude.   

Please visit his site to see some of the excellent work Mr. Rodriguez has to offer.  I guaranty you'll find something there that will tickle your fancy :-P



 First time I met Tony, he did this really cool kick flip. He said its been awhile since he did that and was amazed he was able to pull it off. So I figured this piece should have him skateboarding. In the foreground is Tony getting rad with one of my favorite skateboarding moves, "The Boneless".  The sun light casting the shadow on the ground was a little difficult, but it was much needed to make it look realistic. I wanted the background to match the culture of skateboarding so I tagged the wall behind him with different styles of graffiti.  And making another return is "Sun Dude" blessing the skate session.


Here it is in black and white.
This is one of those pieces where I feel really good showcasing. Mainly cause I get to show gratitude to someone I really enjoy. This one's for you Tony, love you bro :)

REMEMBER ZEDHEADS
SKETCH IT. INK IT. DRAW IT.
 



No comments: